Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another wireless internet?




Hello everyone.

To my ex-schoolmates from 'Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (Kuantan)' who are going for the ‘Sirih Pulang Ke Ganggang’ event this weekend, I wish you enjoy yourself there. I can’t join you guys as I have to attend my business here in KL though sincerely I am yearning to go as well. Drive carefully ok.

Today I just bought another gadget that I have been looking for weeks; no it’s not a handphone. This new device will come in handy for me especially when I conduct my internet–base training this week in Prescott Hotel, Medan Mara, Kuala Lumpur. The device I bought is called ‘Izzi-pro’, a mobile wireless broadband modem that was launched a month ago in Kuala Lumpur. If you wonder why I bought the modem when I am already connected 24x7 to Tmnet Streamyx, firstly, I can’t bring my Streamyx which depend on fixed landline to the hotel where I am conducting my courses. Yes, most hotels in Kuala Lumpur are connected with wi-fi or hotspot, but I need privacy, speed and cheaper per pc connecting costs not to mention that I need to network more than 5 pcs during my lecture.

The ‘Izzi-pro’ that I bought keep up to its promises to give me 1Mbps of download speed and upload speed for about 340kbps, theoretically should be adequate for my usage. The installation was quite easy with the plug and play concept but first I have to install the driver which is provided in a cd to my Vista Acer Aspire 5570 notebook. Connection was very fast and almost instant after I registered online from the Izzi website www.izzi.com.my.

From what I understand, Izzi is employing ‘iBurst’ Wireless Broadband Solution as their broadband technology. ‘iBurst’ is a wireless broadband Internet system which uses adaptive-array antenna technology as well as SDMA, multi-carrier wideband and other technologies to achieve high speed, high capacity and excellent portability. It makes broadband Internet access easy at any time or place, including real-time video streaming, large-volume data downloads and web browsing.

The price I have paid for my new toy today was RM1,498.00 ‘all in’ including subscription for one year and no extra costs. They also have other cheaper packages (please refer to their website). It’s their policy not to collect monthly fee but the total costs for the device plus 12 months subscription fee unlike other service providers; I guess it’s a good strategy for them to avoid payment defaulters. The only drawback is that the coverage area at the current moment is only in Klang Valley though they will soon be expanding to major cities in Malaysia. Maybe it is too early to say that I am happy with Izzi but I already enrolled to be their reseller. If you guys are interested, contact me ok.
Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Wai Yien said...

ahh...the connectivity sucks...I was the first few that signed up the package when it was launched...sigh

i hope you are not suffering like me...

http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The connectivity of the Iburst is depends on the location that you using . We have a lot of customer are very happy with Izzi however there are still few complain like wai yien.
To minimize the complaint we adviced interested consumer to engage with reputable reseller that provide live demo in your house.
So no one going to suffer.

Advance Able Network Sdn Bhd
(Izzi Reseller)
016-2154316