Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My father’s dearest sister (my aunt - Mak Long).


The reunion of two Bu-wanno's (my father and my aunt).


Newly wed cousin, the handsome Farouk (grandson of my aunt) and his wife. Coincidentally, he is married to one of my mother's relatives from Johor Bahru. The world is small when your relatives are everywhere.

I guess I am not doing justice to my blog when I blog mainly about my family this past few days where the title of my blog indicates ‘growing a small business’, then again, family is also one of our source for business networking (depending on individual perspectives), moreover Eid Fitri is only once a year, so allow me to blog about my family.

On the second night of Hari Raya, my aunt and her family from my father’s site came for a Raya visit to our family’s house in Johor Bahru. Even though she lives in Kuala Lumpur; I don’t get to see her as often as my busy schedule sometimes can be cruel to me.

The visit is very meaningful to all of us especially my father who was delighted at the presence of his elder sister, nieces, nephews, grand nieces and grand nephews. Our house was filled with joy and laughter as my father, my mother and his dearest sister exchanged jokes and their travelling tales.

Speaking on the subject of travelling, they both have a penchant for travelling around the globe. They have been everywhere permitted by Malaysian passport. Sometimes I wonder where they get their passion for travelling although I suspect it comes from their Japanese genes that they inherited from my grandmother - the late Allahyarhamah Rugayah (her Japanese name was Michiko Bu-wanno, Bu-wanno was her family name).

She was married to my Malay-Bugis grandfather Allahyarham Othman Muhammad Akil and blessed with two children - Hajjah Hafsah Othman (our dear Mak Long)- her first born (my aunt) and my father - Haji Mohd Noor Othman (Noburo Bu-wanno was his Japanese name).

My late grandfather Allahyarham Othman died when my father was only two years old but soon after, the still pretty and young than late grandmother remarried to the late Allahyarham Haji Harun and blessed with two daughters, Hajjah Hamidah Harun and Dr Hasnah Harun (my dear aunties currently residing in Putrajaya and Penang).

I now realize how important Hari Raya to all of us unlike when I was a lot younger when Hari Raya for me was merely about long holiday for travelling backpack American style to overseas. Sigh, someday I would like to see my family in Japan and do a study of my roots there. Who knows I might find some wonderful discovery there.

Alfatihah to my late grandmother. She passed away when I was on duty in Papua New Guinea. I am so sorry that I never have the chance to know her better during her life time as I wasn't as close to her as the grandparents from my mom's site. Nevertheless, I love her equally.

Love you all.

Ps : Feel like buying cheap sushi from Jusco supermarket for dinner tonight.

Pss: Please don’t call me Hanafi Bu-wanno or Hanafi Noburo, sound like Japanese anime character.

4 comments:

Nandre The Legend said...

yes..

selamat hari raya/.. memang meriah la...

salam dari taman tasik taiping

Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya juga utk anda sekeluarga.

ARON WONG DOT COM said...

hey!!! droping by and wish you a selamat hari raya!!! nice n warm blog!!!take care!!!!!

Serenity said...

I m dumbfounded by the linkages of your extended family tree.My family network r the kind who love to bridge gap between the many generations of family tree branches.... horizontally & vertically. Over weekend my long lost relative visited me for raya and her son call me Uwan (Grandma)no doubt me & her age difference r small. Ouch!