Sunday, July 22, 2007

My friendship with a Bangladeshi.

I know him for quiet sometimes, he was even employed by me for few months last year when I needed a handyman to help me out during busier times. An early 30s who is married to an Indonesian who used to be my part time maid (full time job of the wife is in the condo laundry own by a Chinese), they have a 3 year old son.

He came to my house tonight to chat and to get some advice. No, he’s not working for a 'towkay' nowadays as he became a towkay himself, he’s taking business risks and paying salaries to his people thus enjoying fruit of his labor. FYI, he just completed some electrical wiring jobs for few bungalows in the vicinity. Hess also planning to buy a car. Bravo to an immigrant, it’s such an accomplishment.

Yet, we as Malaysian born and bred here are still talking about unemployment and lack of opportunity. Come on guys, stop blaming and open your eyes. Business opportunities are not lost, just that we refuse to seize them. Nothing personal here, but are we becoming the English in London buying 'fish and chips' from the Pakistani? Yes, there’s nothing wrong with that and I totally agree on the condition that we are not complaining that there are no work for us here in our own country. No one to blame but the one who refuse to do the job. And that’s us.

Ok my friend, god bless those who help themselves. See you again.

No comments: