Saturday, July 28, 2007

Total recall

I was in the mood to watch TV this morning, so I surf the only and most expensive satellite broadcast TV in Malaysia. Nothing fancies my appetite for a simple original entertainment and most of the movies are reruns. Boring, wonder where all the money have been wasted. After drinking a half cup of cappuccino, I went back to my notebook with the intention to surf. After booting my Vista, I noticed there is this 'Joost' icon which represented a 'beta program of an internet TV' that I installed yesterday from www.joost.com. I thought; why not give it a try.

Upon starting the program by clicking the icon, I was impressed with Joost's nice interface and user friendly menu. Joost gave me a feeling like I am watching a real TV. On the left hand corner is the channel button, bottom where you control everything. By 'double clicking' the interface a full screen appeared and to resize the window so I can do 'double tasking' on the machine I did the same thing - 'double clicking'.

Now, the time to check the channels. I was instantly attracted to cannel 06 - science fiction with 'Total Recall' the series (not with Arnold) shown on air. Hmmm, will I be frustrated with lagging and long buffering like the rest of internet TV such as Veoh, MITV, cyberjaya TV.... well 'Total Recall' was shown on my machine as smooth as any conventional TV, with only 3 times Vodaphone ads interrupting my viewing enjoyment. The quality of picture is nothing like the poor quality of 'you tube' although I could not really measure and determine whether the quality is HD, for me it is just visually stunning. I finished the whole episode and in anticipation to watch the next.

Ok, so what about Astro? If not for Aznil and Ac Mizal, I definitely will cancel my expensive subscription for the free 'Joost'. What we can learn here is that 'gone are the days where doing business without taking global scenarios is 'ok' especially with the emerging of web 2.0.


Happy viewing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I will put you down on my list of blogs to review. However, would appreciate it if you could put up a link either of my 2 blogs. Cheers