Saturday, August 4, 2007

A tribute to my ‘globe trekking’ Parents.






Before I start my writing today, let me express my deep appreciation towards my parents, Hj Mohd Noor Othman and Hjh Salmah Bt Abd Manap. Thank you Mak and Abah, words are beyond praises for the hardships you endured raising the four of us. In every prayer, I will always pray for your good health, happiness, longevity, wealth and the life hereafter.

Without them I won’t be here today not even to write this.
My father was a bank officer when I grew up as a child in Johor Bahru while my mother preferred to be a full time housewife to take care the four of us (I am the third). Unlike myself, I have never seen my father taking a medical leave from his job. Naturally for children, I remember fighting all the time with my siblings and my parents were forced to play referees. If father came back home late after work due to overtime, there were always ice cream or icing cakes for all of us.

I remember when me and my brother undergone the painful circumcision (the old fashion way), my father was the one cleaning bloods and bandages. We learnt lots of Malaysian folklore tales from Mother including ghost’s stories as a reward for helping her household chores like taking the garbage out or cleaning dishes. On most weekends, we were brought to the public library in Johor Bahru to read books while my father enjoyed reading his Sunday paper.

Up till today my parents were the one who always encourage and support me to become an entrepreneur. Sometimes when I slipped and lost, mother especially, asked me to find my way back and to pray. My parents are still very healthy and love travelling the world; honeymoon isn’t over for them especially now that we all have grown up. They travelled frequently and together they have marvelous adventures akin to the ‘Globe Trekker’. Here are some of their recent pictures in Uzbekistan and I will post more pictures of them traveling when I got hold of their pictures.

On behalf of myself, Khadijah, Ghazali and Faezah to our dearest Mak and Abah, 'ampunkan dosa kami' and 'restukan hidup kami' and thank you for not giving up your love on us. May Allah bless you.

We love you both.

2 comments:

Dr Net said...

I seconded whatever you wrote

Your sister; Khadijah

Serenity said...

U r lucky to have both parents alife. Unlike me who only have my mum. Dad will always stay in my memory. Without him, I wouldnt be who I m today. Al Fatihah.