Monday, September 17, 2007

10th Avenue Food Mall at Berjaya Times Square.

I went to Berjaya Times Square last week before the beginning of ‘fasting month’ to print my new business card at a printing shop in the 5th floor there. It was 12 am and the printing and cutting process took around 45mins. While waiting, my tummy was rumbling to be fed as it was almost lunch time, so I asked Joanne the shop manager as to where the food court in ‘Berjaya Times Square’ as I am not very familiar with the huge shopping complex. She pointed the 10th floor and advised me to take the nearby elevator. Well, I straight away embarked on my journey to the food court.

Upon arrival, I was shocked to see the state of the food court which is named 10th Avenue Food Mall, next to the indoor theme park and the gigantic cinema theatre the IMAX (the largest movie screen in South East Asia -5-storeys of movie screen in 2 or 3D). As to why I was shocked to see the Food Court, the place is so gorgeous yet so empty. There were only about less than 30 percent food operators currently in operation with a capacity to seat 2,000 diners with 40 stalls. I wasn’t sure whether it’s good or bad luck for me as at the point of time, there were only 3 occupied tables including mine and totaling 5 persons (a couple of lovebirds at one table, 2 young females at another and the single mingle me).

I guess I shouldn’t be complaining as compared in KLCC or Maju Junction, to be seated at Lunch time is a very complicated affair. In contrast to any food court of Kuala Lumpur, 10th Avenue Food Mall offers a different yet modern and posh architecture. There’s nowhere in KL of food court standard that you can savor your food at the same time enjoying high class view including live panorama scene of KL skyline from glass wall. Altogether I can say that 10th Avenue Food Mall is an architectural masterpiece with magnificent view of KL. Honestly, I felt exceptionally grand having lunch there than any 6 stars hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

The stalls operating currently offer varieties from local (example Rasa Utara), Korean, Thais, Middle eastern and Italian. For my lunch I chose the Middle Eastern – kebab and rice that was served by Indonesian workers. So, with all the beautiful and huge aspects of the 10th Avenue Food Mall, where are the diners and stall operators? Is the location not good enough or lack of promotion from the management or do they still need time to attract business?

Whatever the problems I still think that 10th Avenue Food Mall boast a very good prospect to be a great dining location in Kuala Lumpur or perhaps South East Asia. For the great chefs of Kuala Lumpur, 10th Avenue Food Mall in Berjaya Times Square might be a place for you to carve your name, and for lovebirds out there, the place is for you to be romantic or even argue and fight with good privacy.

Bumi food entrepreneurs, anyone interested?














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think, maybe there are lack of promotion...

Serenity said...

Nice place with grandeur architecture and superb view. Just cant understand why it is empty. Perhaps, it is in its incubation period before takers start to take up the space :) Or is there a glut in food courts in KL?

Hanafi Mohd Noor said...

I think maybe the combination of both serenity and ucuk ideas but a glut of food court, KL hardly experience that. Just walk for few meters from there in Bukit Bitang or Low Yatt, you will hardly get seated during lunchtime. The management obviously have to do something drastic.