Monday, September 10, 2007

How to beat the traffic in Kuala Lumpur.

If you are in Jalan Bukit Bintang at 4.30pm driving your car to the point of Jalan Raja Laut or Jalan Sungai Besi on Friday, you are in traffic hell. Not just Friday but almost every day except public holiday and Sunday but Friday is always the most awful traffic day in the city.

Despite the fact that I love driving my car, I have to admit that there were lots of times I cursed unnecessarily when trapped in a heavy traffic. It is an added frustration when I have to be somewhere on time for an important business appointment and the traffic shows no mercy.

Since 2 years back, I have attempted to beat the traffic in a common way of the Italian, by riding a scooter. I like the method very much although I still drive around when necessary. Not only that I minimized my frustration on traffic situation in KL, I also conserve on petrol and the high costs of vehicle parking not to mention riding it makes me feel young again. It's a Mozkito and we love each other (the machine and I). The only drawback is when it rains. Then I have to use my weather proof attire.





Anyone for a spin in the city? I am not a 'mat-rempit', don't worry.

2 comments:

Serenity said...

Swerving in between cars and lorries just makes me feel chilled. Can't forget the incident few years back whereby i witnessed personally how a new bike was stuck underneath a lorry & there were ground beef look alike splattered all over the place. Gosh!I swear i would never ever wanna ride on a bike even blindfolded.

Hanafi Mohd Noor said...

Haha, I do believe a scooter is diff, you dont speed up or trying to impress aka F1, this is KL, I ve got to be efficient in the worse traffic....let me take you for a ride...hehe