Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Incubator programs to start up your business.

Hi to my fellow entrepreneurs.
What if you have a great business ideas but without any solid support to initiate your business? There is one suggestion that you might find very useful, joining an incubator program like I did years ago.

According to Wikipedia, business incubators are organizations that support the entrepreneurial process, helping to increase survival rates for innovative startup companies. Entrepreneurs with feasible projects are selected and admitted into the incubators, where they are offered a specialized menu of support resources and services. Resources and services open to an entrepreneur might include such diverse elements as: -

Provision of physical space (offices, labs).
Management coaching.
Assisting in preparing an effective business plan.
Administrative services.
Technical support
Business networking
Advice on intellectual property and
Help in finding sources of financing.

Well that’s what I copy paste from Wikipedia but when I first started my business I was in the incubator program of MARA (Majlis Amanah Rakyat) and with a very little financial capital, contacts and without a proper business premise, I managed to run my business as smooth as possible. My office was a cubicle in the second floor of MARA headquarters in Jalan Raja Laut. By joining the incubator program those days allow me to expedite my maturity in the entrepreneurial world when the only capital I have was only my business ideas.

Nowadays, we have few government agencies sponsored incubator programs in Malaysia like MDEC (for Information Technopreneurs), Sirim and MARA (for Bumiputera entrepreneurs). The resources from MARA can be contacted in the 22nd floor of MARA headquarters in Jalan Raja Laut or try the link I have provided or you can e-mail me for further information.

See you in the next post.

No comments: