Sunday, July 22, 2007

Holy City of Mekah


Few months ago I had the chance to visit Mecca and Medina for Umrah. I am not going to write every wonderful detail that I have encountered but there was one amazing experience I would like to share here.

On my way from Jeddah to Medina by coach, we passed by vast rocky dessert. I presume its part of the Sahara. No trees and nothing like the PLUS highway when you see all green to your left and right. In the middle of the journey, I saw hundreds or maybe thousands of monkeys (so many of them next to the highway). No, they are not waiting for a bus ride to school and their sizes are a lot bigger than the 'kera' that we see here in Penang or Malaysia.

How they feed, shelter and breed are what amaze me when all you can see is just rocks and sand. God have a way of telling us that we can find life and wealth anywhere on earth as long as there’s will.

No comments: